Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Grand Final






A
s sooner as the final match of French Open Men’s started I was crammed with a mixed feeling. On one hand I sought that Federer wins grand slam No.17 and on the other side that Nadal equal Bjorn Borg's record of six Roland Garros titles.



And after a handsome clash it was Nadal who came finer equaling Bjorn Borg’s record of 6 French Open titles and steadfastly establishing himself as the preeminent ever clay court player in the history of tennis.



Moreover, it was an electrifying match interposed with some awe-inspiring stroke production and emphasized by the sport’s most legendary contention. I am poignant since Roger lost because this was his best endeavor at a Grand Slam title in a long, long time. Fedex hasn’t played such first-class tennis ever since the Australian Open a year and a half ago. And here, at Roland Garros he was lastly playing like classic Federer. The Swiss, who ended Djokovic’s invincibility this year in a four-set semifinal thriller, was completely written off heading into Paris and obviously enjoyed the lack of attention as he made it to the last four without losing a set.


It’s no secret that he is my preferred player. I basically love the way he plays the game and the way he conducts himself both on and off the court. He is a implausible ambassador for tennis and a vanguard because his younger rivals are just as sophisticated.Some experts have announced that Roger is a spent force at the age of 29 – a claim which I find thoughtless and discourteous. Certainly, he hasn’t been as dominant as he once was, but conceivably it’s because the others have upped their levels, rather than his has dropped.



Talking about Nadal, his straight-sets semifinal win over Andy Murray showed that the Spaniard is just as excellent as ever, although unquestionably being overshadowed this year by Novak Djokovic. Talking truly I hoped that Novak loose the match. He is also one of the best player of this era and his game is also astounding but I don’t know why I don’t admire him like I do Roger or Nadal. The majors are what matter to the top players, and winning all four is the Holy Grail. In this final clash Nadal played extraordinarily well. As a tennis player I was stunned to see great forehand and serves that I have only wonder in my dream that I would do identical some day.



At the French Open final Fedex uttered: “That’s obviously the huge priority right now, to winWimbledon in a few weeks time. That’s always, for me, the sort of No. 1 goal of the season.”
He begins his crusade against former World No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt. For the moment the conventional Wimbledon warm-up gets underway at Queens and features an excellent field, led by Rafael Nadal, home beloved Andy Murray and four-time winner Andy Roddick. Like me ill advice world to geared up to picture the best in the tennis calendar and I certainly hope that like Nadal equaled Bjorn Borg's record of six Roland Garros titles Roger also wins grand slam No.17.



Prateek Pathak
Student
B.A in Media Studies
University of Allahabad

0 comments:

Post a Comment